Sales Admin Assistant
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
For more information about Sysco Canada please visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada.
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
- Provide assistance and support to the VP of local sales by performing a wide variety of administrative duties including composing and preparing correspondence, collecting, consolidating and preparing reports, scheduling meetings, maintaining department files, and ordering office supplies.
- Administrator duties for Salesforce (Sysco 360).
- Setting up and onboarding new sales associates.
- Run the appropriate daily and weekly reports from IDS, Impromptu, and Spar and ensure daily cost reports are run and distributed.
- Monitor sales and merchandising dates to prepare period and quarterly reports as well as track promotional incentives.
- Monitor and submit weekly hours and vacation schedules to payroll.
- Provide support and assistance to the local sales teams.
- Perform general administrative duties.
- Route incoming correspondence and request for information to the appropriate team members.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Diploma or certificate in Business Administration or equivalent experience
- Two+ years experience as an administrative assistant, and/or merchandising, customer service related role.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Proficiency in MS Office (strong excel skills required)
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills
- Ability to establish priority and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Self-motivated with the ability to consistently show initiative
- Experience within a sales and distribution environment
- Ability work flexible hours if necessary
- Knowledge of Foodservice business would be an asset
Core Qualities for all Associates:
- Sysco’s Leadership Framework Basics
- Integrity & Accountability Flexibility & Adaptability Proactive Learning
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco’s Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco’s Vision is to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here’s a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
- Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Company Pension Plan
- Group RRSP
- Employee and Family Assistance
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University
- Sysco product discounts
- Preferred vendor discounts
- Free on-site parking
- Employee appreciation events
- (*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)