Router (Sunday to Thursday 12 pm to 8 pm)
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
For more information, visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
The purpose of this job is to plan the delivery route to be taken by each driver in the delivery of goods and products to our customers in the most efficient way possible. The Router will also ensure a high level of customer satisfaction; proactively problem solve issues and maintain a safe and collarborative work environment.
- Route the cubic plan to the floor supervisor in an effort to enhance the effectiveness of the loading and delivery activities.
- Prepare loading and driver sheets showing the route assigned and ensure that each driver is provided an accurate and understandable listing of stops.
- Prepare specific request notes identifying particular loading and delivery activities as desired by customers or warranted by the delivery schedule in an effort to enhance the effectiveness of the delivery activity.
- Identify and assign backhaul orders to the appropriate delivery driver in an effort to ensure that the backhaul is assigned to the driver that will be delivering to that particular area.
- Update previous day’s routes by reviewing that day’s routing sheets and noting any discrepancies or problems and adjusting the sheet for this information.
- Ensure Delivery Associates adhere to all provincial and federal transportation regulations, company rules, policies and procedures.
- Any other duties as assigned
- Minimum Grade 12 with post-secondary an asset.
- Familiarity with Roadnet and the geography of Ontario and Quebec would be an asset.
- Previous experience with Transportation functions would be an asset.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to prioritize, make decisions quickly and work effectively while maintaining top-quality service levels to internal and external customers in a fast paced and sometimes stressful environment.
Core Qualities for all Associates:
- Sysco’s Leadership Framework Basics
- Integrity & Accountability
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Proactive Learning
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now. External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco’s Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Here’s a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
- Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Company Pension Plan
- Group RRSP
- Employee and Family Assistance
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University
- Sysco product discounts
- Preferred vendor discounts
- Free on-site parking
- Employee appreciation events
- (*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)