Regional Sales Manager - Key Accounts
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
For more information about Sysco Canada please visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
- Manage a team of Key Account Reps on the day to day processes with a focus on high performance and achieving goals/targets.
- Identify and execute strategies to onboard profitable new business within the region.
- Review contract (MDA) compliance quarterly and address noncompliance issues.
- Determine how to increase local contract business profitability by analyzing drop size, brand sales, and duplicate SKU's and contract compliance.
- Ensure Key Account Reps monitor category and account performance on all contracts.
- Develop and execute an annual business development plan to support overall sales and margin growth.
- Liaise with Sysco specialty Companies and the Business Review team with strong focus to grow sales and achieve Company sales objectives.
- Deliver on growth targets as per the profit plan for the region.
- Ensure all accounts remain in good financial standing.
- Ensure contract compliance regarding quantities for products, dead stock and delivery schedules (Off Day and Used) are adhered to.
- Work closely with VP, Local Sales, and identify areas of opportunity with Key Account Reps, providing support, direction and identifying coaching opportunities and maximize their performance to achieve / surpass sales and profit goals, customer penetration and retention.
- Build and maintains customer loyalty, develop relationships with key accounts within the region.
- Negotiate new and renewed contracts for local contract customers within the region.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned
- Degree or diploma in Business Administration or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a sales leadership role preferably in food service
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suites (strong excel skills required)
- Superior communications skills, excellent organizational, multi-tasking and analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a constantly changing, fast-paced environment.
Core Qualities for all Associates:
- Sysco's Leadership Framework Basics
- Integrity & Accountability
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Proactive Learning
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now. External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco's Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco's Vision is to be our customers' most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here's a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
- Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Company Pension Plan
- Group RRSP
- Employee and Family Assistance
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University
- Sysco product discounts
- Preferred vendor discounts
- Free on-site parking
- Employee appreciation events
- (*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)