Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
For more information, visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
The purpose of the job is to provide a full range of support to the Sysco Victoria office including front-line reception, phone and courier management, while handling multiple duties in an expedient, courteous and professional manner.
- · Welcome on-site visitors, determine nature of business, and announce visitors to appropriate individuals.
- · Answer all incoming telephone calls and direct them to the appropriate individual. Make changes to the internal voicemail system as required.
- · Assist in the communication between Delivery and Sales.
- · Manage Delivery reports on a daily basis.
- · Open, sort and review mail. Distribute mail to the appropriate individuals. Schedule courier pick-ups and deliveries. Mail cheques for payment and assemble copies with backup data.
- · Prepare CBR badges and signs for each Business Review.
- · Assist all department with administrative duties as required.
- · Order office supplies.
- · Prepare Marketing Associate mail for delivery and notify appropriate departments of same.
- · Maintain postage meter (logging usage, replenishing, stamping outgoing mail).
- · Maintain central fax machine and call for service as required.
- · Review and reserve office boardrooms as needed.
- · Performs other duties as may be assigned.
- · Complies with all applicable regulations/laws and company policies, including but not limited to Food Safety Policy, SOP's & regulations, Code of Business Conduct & Ethics, Antitrust policies and regulations.
- · High School Diploma required
- · Two years+ business experience
- · Six months customer service experience
- · Working knowledge of MS Office programs
- Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco's Leadership Framework Basics
- Integrity & Accountability
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Proactive Learning
Internal candidates: apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
External candidates: submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco's Mission: is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco's Vision: is to be our customers' most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.