Product Specialist, Non food
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
For more information, visit Opens a New Window. or follow u s @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada;
twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit Opens a New Window.
The Non-Food Product Specialist serves as an industry expert to support the growth of the non-food category.
• Grow the category by partnering with sales to further penetrate existing business and develop new business
• Provides support to the sales force and customers by providing expertise in all non-food categories.
• Attends external customer visits and internal customer business reviews to showcase non-food products and make recommendations based on customer needs, potential volume and profitability
• Communicate with merchandising on new items needed, account opportunities, product issues, etc.
• Use software to analyze lost sales and penetration opportunities.
• Keep the sales force excited about the product line by;
• Making them aware of all of the items we have available for sale.
• Making presentations and leading ongoing training for all sales reps.
• Organizing new product introduction so that the sales force is well versed and able to effectively sell the non-food product line.
• Look at all opportunities to eliminate competition in accounts by assisting sales in getting surrounding items.
• Attend, participate and present at District meeting and GSM’s as needed.
• Maintains contact with all outside suppliers of products or services to our distribution business with regard to product offering.
• Stays abreast of all market trends and conditions in the non-food industry and shares information as appropriate with managers, sales force and customers
• Develop and take responsibility for target account list.
• Plan and organize the non-food area for all Sysco shows, GSM’s etc.
• Ensure policies, procedures, guidelines and agreements for Ministry of Labour, Occupational Health and Safety Act, HACCP and Sysco Corporate Food Safety Policies are adhered to.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
• Food service industry experience, ideally with non-food product knowledge.
• Ability to educate and showcase non-food products to chefs, sales associates and other key stake holders in the Sysco community.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities within a fast-paced environment.
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills required.
• Bilingualism a strong asset.
• Strong negotiation, organizational and problem solving skills.
• Formal presentation experience with the ability to present to large groups.
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (including Excel).
• Willing to learn IDS, Pro, Source, Salesforce, and Cognos.
Travel – up to 50%
Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco’s Leadership Framework Basics
Integrity & Accountability
Flexibility & Adaptability
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careersOpens a New Window.
Sysco’s Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco’s Vision is to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here’s a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts • Short-Term and Long-Term Disability • Life Insurance • Company Pension Plan • Group RRSP • Employee and Family Assistance • Stock Purchase Plan • Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University • Sysco product discounts • Preferred vendor discounts • Free on-site parking • Employee appreciation events • (*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)