Produce Specialist - Prairies Region
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
For more information, visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
The Produce Specialist will effectively procure and markets produce through the Operating Company. Establish and execute strategy for the produce category to meet or exceed profitable sales targets. Provides training, product information, and customer service to internal and external customers in support of the distribution of products and services.
- Drives produce sales opportunities by collaborating with Produce Manager/Director and Business Resources Partner
- Champion “New Product” sales penetration with sales teams and customers.
- Schedule and manage category sales training
- Support Sysco Brand penetration through focused sales team and customer trainings.
- Collaborate with Produce Director/Manager in establishing market relevant margin strategies.
- Manage “Targeted” account list. Schedule monthly review with Local Sales and Produce leadership to review list, provide feedback and quantify results.
- Support vacation relief of Produce Category Buyers
- Must be able to perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations.
- A minimum of 2 years previous food service sales or broker experience (in the specialty area preferred)
- Produce and Food Service Industry experience preferred
- Foreign language skills a plus; bilingual English/Spanish/French/Mandarin/Cantonese
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license with a clean driving abstract
- Must maintain automobile insurance requirements
- Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco’s Leadership Framework Basics
- Integrity & Accountability Flexibility & Adaptability Proactive Learning
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco’s Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco’s Vision is to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here’s a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts • Short-Term and Long-Term Disability • Life Insurance • Company Pension Plan • Group RRSP • Employee and Family Assistance • Stock Purchase Plan • Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University • Sysco product discounts • Preferred vendor discounts • Free on-site parking • Employee appreciation events •
(*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)