Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
For more information, visit www.sysco.com or connect with Sysco on Facebook at www.facebook.com/SyscoCorporation or Twitter at www.twitter.com/Sysco_Corp
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
- Participate in GSM, regional and district DSM meetings, attend Traveling Food Show events as required and attend Business Review process as requested.
- Set quarterly schedule and forward to DSM's, including MA ride-with and products to be presented.
- Build and facilitate MA training sessions for each new class of MAT's
- Create POS/ Sales tool information to assist MA Sales team and build sell sheets.
- Provide solutions for leveraged accounts in menu planning, new Sysco and branded product launches; showcase FAB's and profitability at the operator level on behalf of individual MA's.
- Works with the Merchandising team to help maintain competitive cost base by providing information to aid in supplier negotiations.
Material (Item) Support:
- Liaise between MA's and Produce Manager to ensure proper support is gained on both party's behalf while focusing on category specific goals.
- Follow-up on all communications and commitments resulting from ride-with and Business Reviews.
Sales Growth Support:
- Focus on increasing sales in Sysco brand and/or high margin products.
- Forward activity reports to the appropriate individuals outlining weekly activities and sales.
- Evaluate sales analysis information on missed opportunities.
- Work to achieve increase in sales and gross profit through promotions, vendor programs and pricing
- Utilize Product Analysis & Sales/ Customer Penetration Report to identify opportunities within the Produce category.
- Make presentations to customers on a need basis with focus on obtaining increased business.
- Maintain open and frequent communication with DSM's & MA's on the Sysco Fresh program
- Degree or Diploma in Sales, Marketing or related program or equivalent knowledge/experience.
- Knowledge/experience and understanding of produce sales, marketing as related to foodservice/Healthcare.
- 2+ years' experience in a Sales or Marketing role in food services industry.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Sysco 360.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, ability to manage multiple tasks
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in a team dynamic atmosphere.
- Ability to establish priority and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated with the ability to consistently show initiative and drive for results.
- Strategic thinker and with exceptional analytical and conceptual problem solving and people skills to build and grow relationships both internal and external.
Core Qualities for all Associates:
- Sysco's Leadership Framework Basics
- Integrity & Accountability
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Proactive Learning
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now. External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco's Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco's Vision is to be our customers' most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here's a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
- Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Company Pension Plan
- Group RRSP
- Employee and Family Assistance
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University
- Sysco product discounts
- Preferred vendor discounts (Apple, GM, Ford, Chrysler, Volvo, etc.)
- Free on-site parking
- Employee appreciation events
- (*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)