Processing Supervisor, Meat Production - Trimpac
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly.
For more information, visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
Trimpac Specialty Meats is seeking a professional, high energy and knowledgeable Meat Processing Supervisor who effectively plans, directs and coordinates the work activities and resources necessary for Production in accordance with cost, quality and quantity specifications. This position will be responsible for supporting process improvement initiatives and design and develop workflow standardization for production and processing practices in collaboration with division management teams to achieve operational excellence. The individual will ensure effective planning, organizing, product flow and cost measures and assist in the development of standardized workflow and lead on-site support to all process services. The individual will also provide general operational support to all process services as needed.
- Establish strategies to ensure that all products are produced in a correct, cost-effective, and timely manner that is in alignment with specifications, quality, safety, and food safety requirements.
- Manage and coordinate with the Production Manager and Supervisors, the production processes and costs to maximize efficient manufacturing and distribution of product to meet or exceed company goals.
- Develop, implement and maintain production tracking and quality control systems, analyze production, quality control, maintenance, detect and resolve production problems.
- Track, monitor, control and reduce shrink as per company targets - i.e., production wastage, by-product maximization, yields.
- Assess capital expenditure requirements and make recommendations based on business needs.
- Direct processing schedule and oversee implementation.
- Set and monitor productivity standards.
- Review processing schedules and production orders to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures and duty assignments considering budgetary limitations and time constraints.
- Provide leadership and support to all processing associates within the department
- Ensure health and safety, food safety, OSHA, HACCP, and Sysco policies are adhered to.
- · Identify key performance metrics for new initiatives as well as existing processes. Define the correct reporting methods, channels, and formats for users.
- · Identify areas of opportunity for operational process improvement. Design solutions that solve operational problems or improve current processes.
- · Coach and develop direct reports. Serve as a resource for peer development
- · Assist the Production Manager in establishing standardized processes/workflows, process improvements and best practices and implement across processing and packaging services.
- · Under the supervision Production Manager deliver standardized training curriculums, standard of work and deliver ongoing training to division management and processing and packaging associates.
- · Work with Business Development & Sales, Integration and Division Management on all new business, both prior to and post-acquisition.
- · Other duties as assigned.
- · 2-4 years in Meat Processing Industry in a leadership role.
- · Meat Cutting Experience is a must.
- · Strong operations background with specific knowledge about meat processing operations.
- · Strong knowledge about, and experience with, the foodservice distribution industry.
- · Exceptional time management skills.
- · Ability to identify opportunities and take action to build strategic relationships between one's area and other areas, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
- Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco's Leadership Framework Basics
- Integrity & Accountability
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Proactive Learning
Internal candidates: apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
External candidates: submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco's Mission: is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco's Vision: is to be our customers' most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.