Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
Sysco, one of Canada's Best Employers 2019, as listed by Forbes, is dedicated to our global corporate social responsibility goals and to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. Join our winning team.
For more information, visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
The Payroll Coordinator is responsible for the timely and accurate processing of weekly and bi-weekly payroll for Sysco Canada, while ensuring the consistent application of payroll related legislation and within company policies and procedures.
· Prepare and administer payroll for Sysco Canada, including salaried, hourly and commission employees, in non-unionized and unionized environments, across all provinces
· Maintain accurate employee payroll records, as per government and audit requirements
· Prepare records of employment in accordance with Service Canada requirements
· Maintain documentation of payroll processes
· Complete year end payroll functions which include processing T4's, and year-end requirements
· WCB/CSST account reconciliation and remittances
· Maintain payroll data integrity, which includes auditing the pay system for employee changes, new hires, terminations, earnings and deduction changes
· Understand and interpret government legislation, union collective agreements and company policy to ensure compliance in all payroll related activities
· Respond to government inquiries
· Deliver superior customer service by providing payroll advice/guidance as required to Human Resources, Managers and employees, and responding to their inquiries in a timely manner
· Work in a collaborative team environment, including coverage of other team members for vacation, etc.
· Participate in special projects as required
· Completion of the Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) certification is required
· Bilingual (English and French) is preferred
· Minimum of three (3+) years payroll experience in 1000+ employee unionized environment
· Experience in multi-provincial payroll
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and ADP payroll systems
· Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels
· Excellent time management and customer service skills
· Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco's Leadership Framework Basics
Integrity & Accountability
Flexibility & Adaptability
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco's Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco's Vision is to be our customers' most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here's a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts • Short-Term and Long-Term Disability • Life Insurance • Company Pension Plan • Group RRSP • Employee and Family Assistance • Stock Purchase Plan • Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University • Sysco product discounts • Preferred vendor discounts • Free on-site parking • Employee appreciation events •