Part-Time Sample Room Associate
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
At Guest Supply Canada we specialize in distribution to the Hospitality industry. We offer a wide variety of in-room products, such as amenities, textiles, paper products and hotel room accessories. Guest Supply is an industry leader with operations in the US, Canada, Europe and Asia
For more information, visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
We have a need for a Part Time Sample Room Associate, starting ASAP to service our customers and assist our Sales Team
- Maintain accuracy of Sample Room Inventory, ensure inventory is correct on the shelf and in Imagic.
- Communicate with Sales Coordinator to ensure stock levels are maintained.
- Ensure Imagic data is standardized.
- Ensure weekly reporting from Imagic Software is timely.
- Enter orders of all approved sample requests in Imagic.
- Pack and ship all product for samples and trade shows ensuring product is clean, well presented, and labelled as per Marketing Standards.
- Create sample kits as required - amenities, coffee kits, towel sets, etc.
- Manage sample stock and shipping supplies ie.boxes, bags, tape, etc.
- Pull together trade show or meeting sample product as required.
- Keep sample product and areas clean and well organized.
- Special projects (i.e. Sales Rep mailouts, Brand Mailouts, Quality Issues etc.)
- Email Sales reps with tracking information for their sample orders
- Perform quarterly inventory counts
- Take on additional back up duties as required
- Working experience of 1 to 2 years.
- Organized and detailed oriented.
- Energetic, positive, responsible and high level of commitment.
- Knowledge of office procedures & equipment.
- Good English verbal communication skills, both internally and externally.
- Good English written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Able to work in a warehouse environment.
- Able to remain professional under pressure.
- Available to work extra hours during busy times i.e. inventory and trade shows etc
Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco's Leadership Framework Basics
Integrity & Accountability
Flexibility & Adaptability
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco's Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco's Vision is to be our customers' most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here's a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts âÂ€¢ Short-Term and Long-Term Disability âÂ€¢ Life Insurance âÂ€¢ Company Pension Plan âÂ€¢ Group RRSP âÂ€¢ Employee and Family Assistance âÂ€¢ Stock Purchase Plan âÂ€¢ Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University âÂ€¢ Sysco product discounts âÂ€¢ Preferred vendor discounts âÂ€¢ Free on-site parking âÂ€¢ Employee appreciation events âÂ€¢ (*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)