Part-Time Order Selector
Part-Time Order Selector
Drivers & WarehouseSysco Toronto, Mississauga, ON, CA
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly.
The successful candidate will:
- Pick product with accuracy, speed and safety to build a skid
- Stage skids at doors for loaders
- Clean up at end of shift (boxes, cardboard, paper)
- Maintain pallet truck – pre and post circle checks; battery charge
- Clean up duties in order to keep warehouse clean and safe
- Ensure health and safety, food safety, WHMIS procedures and guidelines are adhered to
- Perform other warehouse functions as assigned by Supervisor
- Responsible for compliance with all Policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) comprising Sysco’s Food Safety Program, specific for the assigned role
- Must be available to work Sundays, Thursdays and Fridays (6:00pm-2:30am).
- Ability to work flexible hours – weekend and statutory holiday work is required. Overtime may be required
- Completion of secondary education or equivalent
- Previous warehouse experience with experience driving a pallet truck
- Capable of working in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Strong team membership skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work and operate in a safe manner in accordance with Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Able to do heavy lifting up to 33KG unassisted
Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco’s Leadership Framework Basics
Integrity & Accountability
Flexibility & Adaptability
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco’s Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco’s Vision is to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here’s a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts • Short-Term and Long-Term Disability • Life Insurance • Company Pension Plan • Group RRSP • Employee and Family Assistance • Stock Purchase Plan • Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University • Sysco product discounts • Preferred vendor discounts (Apple, GM, Ford, Chrysler, Volvo, etc.) • Free on-site parking • Employee appreciation events •
(*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)