Packager - Trimpac, Sysco Fine Meats Vancouver
Company Overview Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
Sysco, one of Canada's Best Employers 2019, as listed by Forbes, is dedicated to our global corporate social responsibility goals and to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. Join our winning team.
Trimpac, Sysco Fine Meats Vancouver is a full-service, well-established and expanding meat purveyor, supplying aged boxed block ready beef, portion cut steaks, veal, lamb, pork and poultry to Western Canadian fine dining establishments, boutique butcher shops, pubs, hotels & resorts, cruise lines and convention venues. Our customers value our quality products, excellent service, competitive pricing, and the highest standard of integrity in the industry.
For more information, visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
Perform all packaging duties according to customer's requirements.
- Portion, weigh, package and label product according to specifications.
- Performs final quality check prior to boxing of product
- Checks reason of inconsistencies versus standard specifications (off specs, unnecessary wastage, damage) and can resolve or raise issues for resolution
- Ensures that performance levels are followed in completing work orders on a daily basis
- Adheres to all Sysco SOPs, health and safety policies, food safety standards and work methods
- Carries out duties in a safe manner
- Keeps work area, tools and equipment orderly and clean, performs complete sanitation procedures at the start and end of shift
- Participates in groups/meetings (shift, departmental, company, safety)
- Provides coverage for other production roles whenever needed
- All other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal (English).
- Work in a cold warehouse environment.
- Able to do fast paced work.
- Able to stand and walk for long hours, do repetitive pushing, pulling, lifting up to 50lbs.
- Hard working with a desire to see a job done to completion with minimal supervision.
- Reliable and safety conscious with a teamwork attitude.
- Experience in production with meat handling knowledge an asset.
Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco's Leadership Framework Basics
- Integrity & Accountability
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Proactive Learning
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now. External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco's Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco's Vision is to be our customers' most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here's a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental âÂ€¢ Long-Term Disability âÂ€¢ Life Insurance âÂ€¢ Company RRSP Plan âÂ€¢ Employee and Family Assistance âÂ€¢ Stock Purchase Plan âÂ€¢ Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University âÂ€¢ Sysco product discounts âÂ€¢ Preferred vendor discounts âÂ€¢ Free on-site parking âÂ€¢ Employee appreciation events âÂ€¢