Outbound Warehouse Supervisor (Night Shift)
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
For more information, visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco Tannis, (Ottawa, Ontario), has an exciting opportunity available in our Operations Department, reporting to the Outbound Warehouse Manager. As Outbound Supervisor you will assist the Outbound Warehouse Manager in the smooth and efficient operation of the Outbound Warehouse functions. This role will focus on all areas of building teams, coaching employees to perform their roles and to meet our goal of Service Excellence.
- Manage all aspects of order selection, loading and shipping.
- Provide on-going coaching, training and motivation of all existing and new associates to assist in meeting productivity goals and achieving exceptional customer service.
- Support and comply with all Company policies and procedures.
- Ensure safety compliance and training in accordance with all company safety programs and industry regulations/legislation.
- Responsible for compliance with all Policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) comprising Sysco’s Food Safety Program, specific for the assigned role.
- Assist Food Safety Program Manager in ensuring compliance to Sysco’s Food Safety Program that leads to compliance with third party certification and customer requirements.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in a warehouse environment with a track record of reliability.
- Excellent attendance, and awareness of safety.
- Successful candidates must have a positive outlook and always be seeking new opportunities for growth and continuous improvement
- Demonstrated interest in progressive training and development. Demonstrated leadership skills related to managing people in terms of their development, training and motivation preferred.
- Completion of a related Post-Secondary diploma preferred.
- Knowledge of nightly operations would be considered an asset.
- Computer literate including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience with IDS and SWMS an asset.
Core Qualities for all Associates:
- Sysco’s Leadership Framework Basics
- Integrity & Accountability
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Proactive Learning
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now. External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco’s Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco’s Vision is to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here’s a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
- Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Company Pension Plan
- Group RRSP
- Employee and Family Assistance
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University
- Sysco product discounts
- Preferred vendor discounts
- Free on-site parking
- Employee appreciation events
- (*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)