Order Selector/Night Clerk (Night Shift 9pm-530am)
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
Trimpac, Sysco Fine Meats Vancouver is a full-service, well-established and expanding meat purveyor, supplying aged boxed block ready beef, portion cut steaks, veal, lamb, pork and poultry to Western Canadian fine dining establishments, boutique butcher shops, pubs, hotels & resorts, cruise lines and convention venues. Our customers value our quality products, excellent service, competitive pricing, and the highest standard of integrity in the industry.
For more information, visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the job holder will provide order entry support at the beginning of the shift and print out the required pick tickets, then complete their shift by selecting product for those pick tickets. This is a warehouse position responsible for first entering customer orders and then selecting the correct products from the warehouse racking, labeling product using label technology, palletizing product as it is selected to build customer orders, and delivering product to the dock or loading it on the truck in a safe and efficient manner. Job requires working in an office area and areas with temperature and humidity variations based on local weather conditions, and on selecting environment (Dry, Cooler, and Freezer).
- Handle the submission of all orders with accuracy in a timely fashion, order entry, confirmation and releasing for picking.
- Determine inventory par levels based on consumption between Trimpac and External Cold Storage.
- Answer product inquiries as needed via email, text and telephone.
- Ensure next day orders are batch printed placed on the clipboard.
- Pick tickets and Processing labels
- Ensure all emails are addressed, maintained and organized before the end of the daily shift.
- Hand select orders within various warehouse environments of fluctuating temperatures, including Dry, Cooler, and Freezer.
- Stack product on pallets in accordance with proper selecting procedures (for example, no stacking heavy-on-light, labels facing out, etc.).
- Stage pallets for loading on proper dock locations or in load assigned trucks.
- Shrink-wrap product on loading dock or sooner in cooler if needed.
- Responsible in ensuring product selection accuracy in order to meet customer requirements.
- Maintain and safely operate all assigned equipment.
- Assemble, pick, weigh, and box meat products according to order specifications.
- Comply with all safety rules and adherence to all Company Health and Safety policies.
- Assist as directed in start-up and clean-up of operations.
- Ensure that any equipment being used is safe to operate at all times.
- Comply with all Food Safety and HACCP regulations.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a Warehouse/Distribution role.
- Experience operating a reach stand-up forklift/forklift certified is a definite asset.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (English).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Inventory & Inventory Control Systems is an asset.
- Experience in foodservice, or wholesale distribution industries would be an asset.
- Must be able to pass a Physical Abilities Test.
Core Qualities for all Associates:
- Sysco’s Leadership Framework Basics
- Integrity & Accountability
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Proactive Learning
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now. External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco’s Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service. Sysco’s Vision is to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here’s a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
- Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental
- Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Company RRSP Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University
- Sysco product discounts
- Preferred vendor discounts
- Free on-site parking
- Employee appreciation events