Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
For more information, visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
- To help our customers become, or remain, successful. To educate associates in the value of our mission and vision.
- Ensures customer satisfaction through the development of a relationship culture.
- Promotes sales and gross profit growth, market and account penetration, and account profitability and customer satisfaction through the conducting of business reviews and communicating our customer’s comments and needs to Senior Management and Department Manager.
- Ensures customer’s needs are met by constantly having a flow of information to and from our customers, management and all levels of staff.
- Learns about the many SYSCO marketing programs, i.e. SAVE, customer plant visits, SYSCO brand products, etc. Also learns all of the SYSCO systems, i.e. the procedures, policies, people and credit, etc., product knowledge, selling, skills menu layout and design, Menu Pro and Menu Analysis.
- Works with DSMs and/or MAs in the field making sales calls and observing all functions of a professional sales person, asking questions for clarification when warranted.
- Ensure implementation of and compliance with all applicable regulations/laws and company policies, including but not limited to Food Safety Policy, SOP’s & regulations, Code of Business Conduct & Ethics, Antitrust policies and regulations, etc.
- Responsible for compliance with all Policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) comprising Sysco’s Food Safety Program, specific for the assigned role.
- Assist Food Safety Program Manager in ensuring compliance to Sysco’s Food Safety Program that leads to compliance with third party certification and customer requirements.
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior experience as a Marketing Associate is expected.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Core Qualities for all Associates:
- Sysco’s Leadership Framework Basics
- Integrity & Accountability Flexibility & Adaptability Proactive Learning
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco’s Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco’s Vision is to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here’s a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
- Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Company Pension Plan
- Group RRSP
- Employee and Family Assistance
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University
- Sysco product discounts
- Preferred vendor discounts
- Free on-site parking
- Employee appreciation events
- (*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)