Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly.
Associates in this night-shift position select and stage orders for delivery to Sysco customers. This role is part-time with opportunity for full-time following successful completion of the 3-month probationary period.
Starting wage: $21.42/hour with additional shift premium and bonus potential!!!
- Maintains an acceptable level of production and accuracy while selecting foodservice orders.
- Loads pallets to ensure safe delivery of product to customers.
- Adheres to all Preferred Work Methods and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Understand and comply with Sysco's policies and procedures, e.g. health and safety.
- Carries out duties in a safe manner as instructed through safety training.
- Participate in various meetings/groups (shift, departmental, company and safety).
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Warehouse Manager and Supervisors.
- High School diploma.
- English fluency.
- High volume warehouse experience using a pallet jack and/or forklift is beneficial.
- Medium to high level of physical exertion is required; repetitive, continuous lifting up to 40 kg.
- Ability to work in a cold/freezer environment.
- Reliable and safety conscious with a teamwork attitude
Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco's Leadership Framework Basics
- Integrity & Accountability
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Proactive Learning
- Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
- External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
- Sysco's Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
- Sysco's Vision is to be our customers' most valued and trusted business partner.
- We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
- Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.