Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly.
December 14, 2018
This position is a physically demanding role in which the successful applicants will work safely in a fast-paced environment which may include working in grocery and/or cooler temperature zones. This is a unionized position and applicants will have the opportunity to work up to 40 hours per week.
You will be able to work up to 4 shifts per week, 10 hours in length. Shifts are scheduled between Sunday through Friday with 3 days off per week. Shift starts at 5 pm and ends at 3:30 am.
$20.42 + $1.10 night shift premium. Eligible for incentive or bonus based on performance. Annual wage progression as per the CBA.
- Maintain Engineered Labor Standards performance expectations and accuracy while selecting foodservice orders;
- Adheres to all Sysco Work Methods and Standard Operating Procedures;
- Understands and complies with Sysco's policies and procedures;
- Carries out duties in a safe manner as instructed through safety training;
- Performs other warehouse duties as assigned
- Completion of High School Diploma;
- Pre-employment physical fitness test;
- Able to lift heavy weights up to 50 lbs.;
- Repetitive lifting, bending, pushing, pulling and carrying. Prolonged periods of standing and walking;
- Experience in a distribution environment would be an asset;
- Experience in operation of power pallet jack or other material handling equipment would be considered an asset;
- A valid Class 1 license with a Q endorsement would be an asset
Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco's Leadership Framework Basics
- Integrity & Accountability
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Proactive Learning
- Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
- External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
- Sysco's Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
- Sysco's Vision is to be our customers' most valued and trusted business partner.
- We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
- Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.