Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY) Sysco, one of Canada's Best Employers 2019, as listed by Forbes, is dedicated to our global corporate social responsibility goals and to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. Join our winning team. For more information, visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
This Order Selector is responsible for ensuring all outgoing inventory are properly selected, loaded and documented as per internal and external customer's requirements.
- Ensures the accurate, timely and efficient level of production in selecting for internal and external customer orders
- Assemble, pick, weigh, and box meat products according to order specifications.
- Ensures temp and condition of boxes are according to standards.
- Checks all documentation needed - waybills, invoices, POs and RF scanning are accurate and matching
- Determines reasons for inconsistencies and can resolve or raise them for resolution
- Loads pallets and ensures safe, accurate, complete and timely loading into the correct third party carrier or company delivery truck, and sign offs are completed
- Adheres to all Sysco SOPs, health and safety policies, food safety standards and work methods
- Carries out duties in a safe manner
- Keeps warehouse, coolers and freezer orderly and clean
- Participates in groups/meetings (shift, departmental, company, safety)
- Provides coverage for other warehouse roles whenever needed
- Assist in cycle counting and periodic inventories
- All other duties as assigned.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal (English).
- Work in a cold warehouse environment
- Must be able to pass a Physical Abilities Test. Can do repetitive walking, moving, lifting up to 50lbs.
- Good organization and time management skills.
- Hard working with a desire to see a job done to completion with minimal supervision.
- Reliable and safety conscious with a teamwork attitude
- Experience in foodservice, or wholesale distribution industries would be an asset.
Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco's Leadership Framework Basics
- Integrity & Accountability
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Proactive Learning
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco's Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service. Sysco's Vision is to be our customers' most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here's a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy: (*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)
- Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Company Pension Plan
- Group RRSP
- Employee and Family Assistance
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University
- Sysco product discounts
- Preferred vendor discounts
- Free on-site parking
- Employee appreciation events