Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
Sysco, one of Canada's Best Employers 2019, as listed by Forbes, is dedicated to our global corporate social responsibility goals and to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. Join our winning team.
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
- · Train and coach warehouse associates on various floor procedures and positions, utilizing Preferred Methods and Driver's Map Feedback training tools.
- · Train and certify associates on all Power Operated Mobile Equipment.
- · Monitor error policy via weekly error report and give associates constructive feedback regarding errors made on daily basics procedures.
- · Monitor standard policy via Daily and Weekly Standards reports; create employee discipline letters (relating to training), as required.
- · Data entry for record keeping purposes, e.g. Daily Begin Day reports, Delays entered, etc.
- · Record keeping of all training done with associates, e.g. dates, amount of time spent, reasons for training/ retraining, training comments, etc.
- · Assist with work flow, balance staffing and monitor productivity and volume.
- · Identify training needs and oversee training and employee development.
- · Interpret collective agreement as need arises, where applicable.
- · Ensure HACCP guidelines are followed.
- · Assist with the coaching, mentoring career development, training and performance management of team with the purpose of improving employee knowledge and skill level.
- · Manage the RF Selection/ Load Equipment.
- · Exercise due diligence and adhere to responsibilities under the Ontario Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- · At minimum must possess a Diploma in Logistics or 5+ years' experience in warehouse distribution environment
- · Minimum 2 years work experience as an Order Selector would be preferred
- · Experience working in a unionized and non-unionized environment would be an asset
- · Sound knowledge of the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act
- · Facilitator certificate, forklift license, pallet truck license, sweeper license, preferred work methods training, WHMIS, First/Aid CPR
- · Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- · Proficient in MS Office (including Excel, Word, Outlook, Access)
- · Proven problem-solving capabilities
- · Possesses strong organizational and problem-solving skills
Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco's Leadership Framework Basics:
- Integrity & Accountability
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Proactive Learning
- Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
- External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco's Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco's Vision is to be our customers' most valued and trusted business partner.
- We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
- Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.