Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
For more information, visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
The Operations Clerk will be responsible for managing all day to day shipping of all outbound product from the warehouse.
- Responsible for ensuring all invoicing and shipping documents are processed and completed for efficient shipping
- Process orders in both IDS, SWMS & Roadnet for order extraction
- Inspection of outbound trailers and loading procedures
- Tracking of outbound trailers and loading equipment
- Communicate with transportation to resolve issues and ensure efficient/effective shipping
- Work in the warehouse management system for maximum order selection efficiency
- RF technician for mobile devices on site
- Provide professional customer service to internal and external customers
- Invoice couriers and ICAs for damages (weekly)
- Shift reporting and communications
- Work closely with management team to ensure smooth operation of warehouse
- Supervisor coverage as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of industry practices and warehouse experience an asset
- Safety Champion – high level of awareness of safety in the workplace
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Developed problem solving / analytical skills with an innovative team approach
- Professionalism and customer focused
- Well-developed organization skills along with time management skills are a must
- Knowledge of warehouse slotting
- PC skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to build relationships and affect positive change
- IDS, Roadnet, EDTS and SWMS knowledge would be an asset
- Minimum Grade 12 Completion
Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco’s Leadership Framework Basics
- Integrity & Accountability
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Proactive Learning
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now. External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
- Sysco’s Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
- Sysco’s Vision is to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here’s a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts • Short-Term and Long-Term Disability • Life Insurance • Company Pension Plan • Group RRSP • Employee and Family Assistance • Stock Purchase Plan • Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University • Sysco product discounts • Preferred vendor discounts • Free on-site parking • Employee appreciation events •
(*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)