Nutrition Services Consultant
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
Sysco, one of Canada's Best Employers 2019, as listed by Forbes, is dedicated to our global corporate social responsibility goals and to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. Join our winning team.
For more information, visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
As a member of Sysco's Nutrition Services team, The Nutrition Services Consultant, acts as a subject matter expert offering insights on trends, research and best practices for nutrition in food services. In this role you will be responsible for developing menus, conducting analysis, and product sourcing for healthcare & senior living customers, as well as maintaining menus, recipes and standards in the Corporate Database within Syngery on Demand. This role also participates in Sysco's organizational marketing and sales initiatives through the development of nutrition communications, presentations and events both nationally and regionally.
- Provides menu development and analysis in consultation with Sysco's national and regional healthcare and senior living customers, including review of diet and texture standards, product requirements, costing and nutritional analysis and recommendations as needed.
- Utilizes project management principles including, project workflow, timelines, customer communications and expectations
- Enriches the customer experience by providing excellent customer service and ensuring that customer expectations are meet/exceeded.
- Builds and maintains relationships with Sysco's sales team to ensure customer product preferences, grocery lists and order guides are accurate.
- Works collaboratively with the Nutrition Services team to improve and maintain the Sysco Corporate database within Synergy on Demand, including seasonal menu development, recipes, product information and sourcing, diet and texture standards etc.
- Build and maintain relationships with vendor partners through ideation days and product review.
- Assists with organizational marketing initiatives including, presentations and articles for publications and newsletters.
- Assists Sysco's local and national sales initiatives, including, but not limited to the development of sales and education materials, attending relevant industry food show and education days, planning and facilitation of educational events and tradeshows.
- Support new business opportunities.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nutrition or related field
- Member of Dietitians of Canada, College of Dietitians of Ontario or Canadian Society of Nutrition Management preferred
- Minimum of 2 years' experience required in food service operations.
- Experience in Seniors Living is preferred.
- Experience or working knowledge with menu management software, experience with Synergy on Demand is an asset.
- Proficient in data entry and data analysis.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with Sysco's internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven written and oral communication skills and ability to prepare and deliver presentations.
- Knowledge of the Canadian Healthcare Marketplace and familiarity with Sysco's key healthcare suppliers and products.
- An understanding of food service distribution business.
Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco's Leadership Framework Basics
- Integrity & Accountability
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Proactive Learning
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco's Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service. Sysco's Vision is to be our customers' most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here's a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy: (*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)
- Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Company Pension Plan
- Group RRSP
- Employee and Family Assistance
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University
- Sysco product discounts
- Preferred vendor discounts
- Free on-site parking âÂ€¢ Employee appreciation events