Nutrition Services Consultant
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
For more information, visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
- Provide nutrition services to Sysco national and regional customers including menu development and analysis, review diet and texture standards, review product requirements, provide costing analysis and recommendations as needed.
- Assist with softcopy and hardcopy nutrition services as required.
- Track all customer database management timelines and ensure deadlines are met.
- Attend and/or coordinate conference calls between Sysco and database management customers.
- Ensure communication to customers is positive and progressing to meet/exceed customer expectations.
- Work closely with Sysco’s sales team to ensure customer product preferences, grocery lists and order guides are accurate.
- Assist sales team with linking ingredients to stock items and SUPC codes for all associated Sysco Operating Companies (OpCo).
- As part of Sysco’s Data Services Team, work collaboratively with the other menu analysts to create Sysco Master Menus according to federal and provincial regulations, twice a year.
- Review grocery lists for Sysco’s Master Menus, provide product recommendations and assist with OpCo Linking.
- Attend all conference calls with MealSuite relating to Sysco’s Master Menu timelines and development.
- As part of Sysco’s Nutrition Services Team, work collaboratively with the other Nutrition Services Consultants and MealSuite team to improve Sysco’s Master Database, including recipes, product information, diet and texture standards, etc.
- Communicate recommendations and/or status of Sysco’s Master Database management related projects.
- Conduct regular audits of Synergy on Demand databases.
- Assist with sales of Synergy on Demand solutions, including providing demonstrations and proposals to customers.
- Support vendor partnerships through ideation days and product review.
- Support new business opportunities.
- Assist with marketing initiatives to promote Sysco’s local and national initiatives including writing articles for Sysco publications, developing sales and education materials, attending relevant food shows, education days, planning education events.
- Make recommendations for future system development.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition or Food Service Management or Equivalent Culinary Training
- Registered Dietitian designation would be an asset.
- A minimum of two (2+) years’ experience in food service operations. Experience in Seniors Living preferred.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet, Intranet. Exposure to Synergy on Demand is an asset.
- Knowledge of the Canadian Healthcare Marketplace and familiarity with Sysco’s key healthcare suppliers and products.
- An understanding of food service distribution business.
- Excellent and proven written and oral communication skills. Must also have experience in providing presentations.
- Must work well in a team environment, self-starter, energetic and shows initiative.
- Excellent customer service and time management skills.
Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco’s Leadership Framework Basics
Integrity & Accountability
Flexibility & Adaptability
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco’s Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco’s Vision is to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here’s a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts • Short-Term and Long-Term Disability • Life Insurance • Company Pension Plan • Group RRSP • Employee and Family Assistance •Stock Purchase Plan • Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University • Sysco product discounts •Preferred vendor discounts • Free on-site parking • Employee appreciation events •
(*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)