Night Shift Warehouse Manager
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With over 69,000 associates, the company operates more than 320 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 650,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2019 that ended June 29, 2019, the company generated sales of more than $60 billion.
Sysco, one of Canada's Best Employers 2019, as listed by Forbes, is dedicated to our global corporate social responsibility goals and to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. Join our winning team.
For more information, visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
This position is responsible for the accurate, efficient, and safe movement of cases onto our trucks and onward to our Customers. With, and through their team of Supervisors and Clerks they are responsible for directing and coordinating the activities of outbound warehouse workers engaged in selecting, loading, stacking food service and food related products.
- Oversees the quality and accuracy of order selection
- Ensures that loading activities are monitored by warehouse management staff. Ensures special loading requests are completed as requested
- Monitors stocking and replenishment accuracy & efficiency
- Monitors loading schedule requirements
- Reviews and evaluates the cause of mis-shipments
- Develops team and individual goals and objectives
- Supports the implementation of programs with EHS
- Develops and maintains communication with other departments to enhance the night warehouse's overall organization and efficiency
- Analyzes, identifies and proposes solutions to problems within the night warehouse operation
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules and expedites workflow
- Studies and standardizes procedures
- Maintains harmony among workers and resolves grievances with HR support
- Oversees investigation of customer complaints involving such matters as damaged items or mis-picks
- Supports the training and development of staff
- Supports the creation of, and reviews employee performance evaluations
- Provides feedback on the performance of associates by monitoring activities and reports
- Completes personnel records and forms as required
- Assists in human resources actions as requested
- If applicable, understand and interpret the CBA, participate in grievance, mediation, arbitration procedures at unionized facilities
- Accountable for the accuracy of timecards, approvals and scheduling of direct reports.
- Responsible for compliance with all Policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) comprising Sysco's Food Safety Program, specific for the assigned role.
- Assist Food Safety Program Manager in ensuring compliance to Sysco's Food Safety Program that leads to compliance with third party certification and customer requirements.
- Understands that their role is critical in creating a safe organization with minimal environmental impact and the value that brings to the organization.
- Is willing to drive Environmental, Health and Safety performance by acting as an example and holding their team accountable to complying with EHS programs, policies, and requirements.
- Enable, champion and embrace an inclusive culture
- Develop and support high performing talent through hiring, scheduling, performance coaching, and career management practices
- Facilitate establishment of clear performance goals; Ensure that performance goals adapt to changing business demands; Identify and manage non-performers in a fair and timely way; Identify and reward top performance; links pay and performance through base, incentive, and recognition programs
- Present oneself in a manner that demonstrates executive maturity, professionalism, trust, confidence, and integrity.
- Communicates broadly and frequently the company's vision, direction, goals, performance against plan, changes, and expectations through participation in department meetings, one-on-one meetings, and informal conversations with associates
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years' experience leading a team, experience leading front-line supervisors preferred.
- Minimum High School diploma.
- Post-secondary education in a related field preferred.
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, etc.)
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco's Values: Integrity | Excellence | Teamwork | Inclusiveness | Responsibility
Sysco's Vision is to be our customers' most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here's a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts • Short-Term and Long-Term Disability • Life Insurance • Company Pension Plan • Group RRSP • Employee and Family Assistance • Stock Purchase Plan • Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University • Sysco product discounts • Preferred vendor discounts (Apple, GM, Ford, Chrysler, Volvo, etc.) • Free on-site parking • Employee appreciation events •
(*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)