Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
Sysco, one of Canada's Best Employers 2019, as listed by Forbes, is dedicated to our global corporate social responsibility goals and to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. Join our winning team.
For more information about Sysco Canada please visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
To apply or for a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
We are looking for a self-driven and resourceful individual who can handle a fast-paced environment. This position plays an important role in helping the Merchandising Department maintain a standard of excellence in the area of product procurement and customer service. You will also work closely with the Director of Merchandising to analyze and identify areas where we can improve efficiency and profitability. If you're looking for a career in the procurement field, we offer a friendly and supportive environment that will help nurture your skills and advancement within one of the world's largest companies.
· Responsible for managing inventory for a portfolio of products by utilizing computerized purchasing software and stock status reports.
· Maintain inventory levels to meet customer demand while maximizing inventory turns and controlling shrink.
· Provide coverage for Category Planners (Buyers) when required.
· Provide general administrative support for the merchandising department; for example:
o Assistance with PO tracing and pricing confirmation
o Review of reporting to identify anomalies
o Processing of various forms and credits
o Other administrative tasks as required
· Monitor variances on import receiving and COI & HHA for local vendors.
· Work in AS400 to maintain item and vendor level information as required.
· Utilize in-house computer systems to run daily, weekly, and monthly reports.
· Work with Category Planners and Category Analysts to lower dead stock and DSO.
· The ideal candidate will have an interest in starting or continuing their career in the procurement field.
· Positive attitude and an appetite for helping fellow colleagues and customers.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Outlook is essential.
· Ability to find solutions to problems and work under pressure with definitive deadlines.
· Excellent communication, analytical and organizational skills are necessary.
· Food & Beverage, Hotel & Food, Wholesale Purchasing background an asset.
· Progress towards PMAC/SCMA designation a strong asset but not necessary.
· Knowledge of AS400 (IDS), E3, SWMS is a definite asset.
Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco's Leadership Framework Basics
Integrity & Accountability
Flexibility & Adaptability
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco's Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco's Vision is to be our customers' most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here's a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts • Short-Term and Long-Term Disability • Life Insurance • Company Pension Plan • Group RRSP • Employee and Family Assistance • Stock Purchase Plan • Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University • Sysco product discounts • Preferred vendor discounts • Free on-site parking • Employee appreciation events •
(*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)