Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
For more information, visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
Reporting to the Director of Merchandising, the Merchandising Assistant is responsible for overall support of the Merchandising Team in customer fill rates, aged stock inventory management, buying-involved shrink reduction, costing integrity of our SKU base, item master maintenance, listing process and other merchandising projects as assigned.
- Administer accurate and timely costing of all items within the system. This includes securing supplier price lists and then coding and verifying all PO cost, freight as well as other costing components such as cross dock, brokerage, customs, etc.
- Administration and timely costing of all items within the system, this includes PO confirmations for 100% of PO’s, and assisting with resolution of pricing variances
- Track new items at 30, 60 and 90 days to check on progress
- Create and maintain the ongoing dead stock lists;
- Work in conjunction with the Director/Analyst on assigned projects to increase and enhance the efficiencies and profitability of the Operating Company.
- Responsible for assisting the Procurement Analysts with PO tracing, confirmation and updating pricing using a D-Tech.
- Process and send Overs/Shorts/Damage (OS&D) form to vendors and other operating companies.
- Identify PO’s that are not confirmed within 24 hours, and resubmit PO’s as required.
- Review daily 24-hour and 48-hour report and inform the Procurement POs that do not have a delivery appointment.
- Run weekly SPO items not on order report and notify the Procurement or Sales of any issues.
- Manage unallocated demand order inquiry and special order product requirements
- Consideration of code-dated inventory and transferred product
- The ideal candidate will have a post-secondary education preferably in Business Administration or equivalent.
- Proficient with computer applications including advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work under pressure with definitive deadlines.
- Effective verbal and written communication within various disciplines, functions.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with the ability to pay attention to details.
- Positive attitude and an appetite for helping fellow colleagues and customers.
Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco’s Leadership Framework Basics
Integrity & Accountability Flexibility & Adaptability Proactive Learning
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco’s Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco’s Vision is to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here’s a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts • Short-Term and Long-Term Disability • Life Insurance • Company Pension Plan • Group RRSP • Employee and Family Assistance • Stock Purchase Plan • Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University • Sysco product discounts • Preferred vendor discounts • Free on-site parking • Employee appreciation events •
(*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)