Meat & Seafood Cutter, Specialty - Fin's
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
For more information, visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
Fin’s is seeking an experienced, with high attention to detail Meat & Seafood Cutter who is responsible for ensuring the effective and efficient process for processing different proteins, in order to maintain a high standard of yields for the various products.
- Receive, stock, cut, prepare, wrap, weigh, price and attractively merchandise meat and seafood department products.
- Responsible for proper inventory control and product rotation to maximize product freshness and availability, while minimizing waste.
- Cut, trim and debone proteins to prepare for packing/stock; process parts into cuts that are ready for retail and wholesale use while attaining yield standards placed by management to control costs.
- Have an ability to determine the quality of various proteins based on physical attributes, shape, and smell.
- Weigh proteins and tag containers for weights and contents.
- Pack wholesale and local customer orders.
- Clean and sanitize adjacent areas as needed.
- Follow and apply all the company guidelines and policies (food defense, GMP, safety, sanitation).
- Inspect products for defects, bruises or blemishes and remove them along with any excess fat.
- Use and care of knives and wrapping equipment.
- All other Duties as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of Meat & Seafood Products
- High-end Meat and/or Seafood processing experience of two(2) years or greater
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure, challenging environment
- Long term standing required
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Must be a team player and possess a positive attitude
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to complete repetitive tasks with attention to detail
- Strong Data Entry skill and preferably previous experience with inventory control software
- Ability to work autonomously and part of a collaborative team.
- Demonstrate analytical, problem solving and time management skills.
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook), inventory control and order software.
- Ability to identify opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco’s Leadership Framework Basics
Integrity & Accountability
Flexibility & Adaptability
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco’s Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco’s Vision is to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.