Marketing Associate Trainee -Northern Ontario (Timmins)
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly.
For more information, visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
We have an immediate need for Marketing Associate Trainee in Northern Ontario, specifically the Timmins region, and surrounding area. As MAT's transition to Marketing Associate roles in the future, the selected applicants must be willing to re-locate.
- · Delivering sales and service excellence to customers while meeting or exceeding yearly goals.
- · Building strong relationships and partnerships with internal and external customers to develop loyalty and leverage sales effectiveness.
- · Conducting prospecting and follow-up to secure profitable new business opportunities.
- · Participating in business reviews, food shows or other marketing initiatives.
- · Understanding, upholding and complying with Sysco's policies and procedures, e.g. special orders, credit, returns, health and safety.
- · Liaising with all departments routinely to ensure ongoing efficiency and prompt attention to customers.
- · Promoting Sysco Brands and value added services as points of differentiation.
- The successful candidate will be energetic, responsive, decisive and must possess a good knowledge of the foodservice industry with a focus on profitability. Excellent communication skills, enthusiasm, initiative and the desire to be part of a winning team are of the utmost importance.
- You must be computer literate and be motivated by being successful in a competitive, fast-paced, changing environment.
- The successful candidate for this position must be willing to relocate to the area of opportunity.
Core Qualities for all Associates:
- Sysco's Leadership Framework Basics
- Integrity & Accountability
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Proactive Learning
Internal candidates: apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
External candidates: submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco's Mission: is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco's Vision: is to be our customers' most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.