Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
This is a clerical position within our facility/fleet maintenance departments that is responsible for performing the data input of all maintenance records and repairs of equipment into Sprocket, Sysco’s CMMS (computerized maintenance management system), answering phone calls from delivery associates and vendors regarding breakdowns, managing internal service requests for facility and MHE (material handling equipment), parts ordering, parts deliveries, fuel deliveries, and other maintenance related duties.
• Input all work orders, purchase orders, invoices and equipment inventories into CMMS software.
• Communicate maintenance issues to fleet and facility leadership and other departments.
• Identify problems and propose solutions to other members of management for improved efficiency.
• Work directly and indirectly with other departments within Sysco within the scope of maintenance.
• Maintain and review inventory of parts and supplies.
• Analyze prices from vendors and provide analytics to help make decisions on purchasing parts and services.
• Work with maintenance tracking software to ensure all equipment is scheduled for PM's and other maintenance as needed.
• Receive incoming calls and requests from drivers, warehouse/office associates and vendors and be able and willing to answer all maintenance related questions.
• Work with local management and maintenance team to help improve and/or streamline processes within the maintenance department
• Data collection for EPSM (electronic process system management) program, Cascade Energy “Sensi” program and other maintenance software platforms as required.
• Other duties as assigned
• High school diploma or one to three months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Valid Driver License with a "clean" driving record
• Basic personal computer (PC) skills and proficiency with MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word etc.
• Data Entry experience
Preferred experience in the following:
• Parts management and inventories
• CMMS systems
• Maintenance scheduling and execution
• Managing relationships with external vendor services
• Strong listening and communication skills
• Ability to plan and organize work tasks for maximum efficiency
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
• Ability to write simple correspondence
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to vendors, management, and other employees of the organization
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
• Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco’s Leadership Framework Basics
Integrity & Accountability
Flexibility & Adaptability
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careersOpens a New Window.
Sysco’s Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco’s Vision is to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here’s a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts • Short-Term and Long-Term Disability • Life Insurance • Company Pension Plan • Group RRSP • Employee and Family Assistance • Stock Purchase Plan • Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University • Sysco product discounts • Preferred vendor discounts • Free on-site parking • Employee appreciation events • (*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)