Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly.
Reporting to the Director of Merchandising, the Logistics Coordinator will be working in conjunction with Merchandising and Operations associates to orchestrate inbound transportation, maximize efficiency and manage freight margin.
- Orchestrate inbound pickups, including outside carrier and Sysco trucks.
- Manage and maintain freight fees and pick up allowances in the IDS System
- Manage all aspects of outside carrier claims, including collections.
- Manage and generate new opportunities to improve Logistics Earned Income
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with OPCO Merchandising, and Operations teams.
- Projects as required.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum 1 year work experience in a related field.
- Sysco systems experience is an asset
- Intermediate level Excel skills
- Excellent computer skills
Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco's Leadership Framework Basics
- Integrity & Accountability
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Proactive Learning
- Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
- External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
- Sysco's Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
- Sysco's Vision is to be our customers' most valued and trusted business partner.
- We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
- Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.