Key Account Representative - Niagara Region
Company Overview Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY) For more information, visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
At the heart of our customer relationships is our ability to listen to our customers' needs and respond with tools that help them succeed. Building and maintaining effective relations with local representatives of key customer groups through regular communication. The Key Account Representative is responsible for a territory size of between 8 - 12 million dollars in annual sales.
· Developing and penetrating existing accounts and minimize lost business to achieve profitable sales growth and special objectives within assigned territory.
· Developing new targeted business to achieve profitable sales growth and special objectives within assigned territory.
· Managing a large dollar volume of contract and hospitality groups to achieve sales targets, pieces, brand, and gross profit dollars.
· Evaluate market trends and recommend products to customers, based on business needs and goals.
· Works within all levels of the customer organization (leadership and front line) to build and maintain relationships with current and new potential customers, visiting all key accounts on a defined basis.
· Maintaining and understanding prime vendor agreements (PVA), where applicable, and ensure service obligations are fulfilled.
· Leveraging and presenting Business Resources - presenting new products, menus ideas, and leveraging effective social media strategies.
· Working with internal departments such as Merchandising, Inside Sales, and Operations to achieve high level of customer service.
· Liaise between customers and manufacturers for customer sampling and effective product costing.
· Communicate and collect accounts receivable as necessary, working with the credit department and client; collect all balances due based on approved credit terms.
· Develop flyers and sell sheets for new Sysco Brand and regular products; Arrange promo and listing coordination with customers; Train customers on Sysco related systems.
· Travel outside of office and within sites trading area. · Performs other duties as assigned.
· Completion of post-secondary education, preferably with a Business, Hotel/Restaurant or Marketing/Sales concentration, or equivalent experience.
· Minimum three years foodservice sales experience.
· Superior communication and presentations skills, both oral and written.
· Exceptional problem solving, organizational, and negotiation abilities.
· Ability to succeed with minimal supervision in an environment involving multiple priorities and a flexible work schedule.
· Builds strong customer relationships/partnerships
· Strong Consultative selling skills
· PC skills including the use of Microsoft Office products and the Internet are required
Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco's Leadership Framework Basics
Integrity & Accountability
Flexibility & Adaptability
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now. External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco's Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco's Vision is to be our customers' most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Here's a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts âÂ€¢ Short-Term and Long-Term Disability âÂ€¢ Life Insurance âÂ€¢ Company Pension Plan âÂ€¢ Group RRSP âÂ€¢ Employee and Family Assistance âÂ€¢ Stock Purchase Plan âÂ€¢ Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University âÂ€¢ Sysco product discounts âÂ€¢ Preferred vendor discounts (Apple, GM, Ford, Chrysler, Volvo, etc.) âÂ€¢ Free on-site parking âÂ€¢ Employee appreciation events âÂ€¢ (*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)