Janitor (Mixed Shift - 1 Day, 4 Night shifts per week)
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
For more information, visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
The following is a list of the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Sysco maintains the right to modify job duties and responsibilities at its discretion.
· Check, clean and replenish supplies in break rooms, common areas, locker rooms, washrooms
· Empty/change garbage
· Sweeping floors
· Vacuuming carpets and floors
· Cleaning doors, door handles, swipe pads, tabletops, countertops, sinks, microwaves, kitchen areas
· Cleaning toilets, sinks in washrooms
· Dusting computer tops, storage cabinet tops, surfaces in office areas
· Maintain and keep records of completed duties daily
· Comply with all Food Safety and HACCP regulations
· Other duties as required
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skills and abilities required.
· Previous janitorial experience is preferred
· Equipment used: general cleaning machinery, vacuum, floor cleaner
· Pallet jack certification is required & Pallet jack experience is preferred
· Fluent use of English - written and spoken.
· Health and Safety - Works in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations as well as Company health and safety policies and procedures.
· Food Safety/Security - Works in compliance with all applicable Food Safety policies and procedures as set out by the Company and relevant legislation including HACCP regulations.
· Physical Exertion is required.
Physical activities of the job included:
· Lifting up to 50 lbs
· Bending / Twisting
· Working Conditions will be required to work in all conditions: cooler, freezer and dry.
Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco's Leadership Framework Basics
Integrity & Accountability
Flexibility & Adaptability
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco's Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco's Vision is to be our customers' most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here's a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts âÂ€¢ Short-Term and Long-Term Disability âÂ€¢ Life Insurance âÂ€¢ Company Pension Plan âÂ€¢ Group RRSP âÂ€¢ Employee and Family Assistance âÂ€¢ Stock Purchase Plan âÂ€¢ Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University âÂ€¢ Sysco product discounts âÂ€¢ Preferred vendor discounts âÂ€¢ Free on-site parking âÂ€¢ Employee appreciation events âÂ€¢ (*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)