Inventory Cycle Counter
Company Overview Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
Sysco, one of Canada's Best Employers 2019, as listed by Forbes, is dedicated to our global corporate social responsibility goals and to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. Join our winning team.
For more information, visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
The Inventory Cycle Counter is responsible for adhering to the cycle count schedule and ensuring the accuracy of inventory.
- Ensure accurate daily and weekly cycle counts and reports are accurate and accomplished on the agreed schedule.
- Verify data regarding inventory reconciliation, overage, storage and damages.
- Update and work with D-Tech module.
- Perform regular inspections to check for inventory aging, rotation and other issues.
- Work with receivers and pickers to ensure all Sysco SOPs and work methods are being followed.
- Work with supervisors to research shortages and other issues, determine root causes, take corrective action or escalate the matter for resolution.
- Participates in groups/meetings.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma and a clean CPIC are required.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal (English).
- Work in a cold warehouse environment.
- Able to do repetitive walking, moving, reaching, crouching and lifting up to 50lbs.
- Able to operate a computer, printer, telephone, photocopier, fax machine.
- Reliable and safety conscious with a teamwork attitude.
- Good organization skills.
Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco's Leadership Framework Basics
- Integrity & Accountability
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Proactive Learning
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now. External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco's Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco's Vision is to be our customers' most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here's a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts âÂ€¢ Short-Term and Long-Term Disability âÂ€¢ Life Insurance âÂ€¢ Company Pension Plan âÂ€¢ Group RRSP âÂ€¢ Employee and Family Assistance âÂ€¢ Stock Purchase Plan âÂ€¢ Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University âÂ€¢ Sysco product discounts âÂ€¢ Preferred vendor discounts âÂ€¢ Free on-site parking âÂ€¢ Employee appreciation events âÂ€¢ (*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)