Inventory Control Coordinator
Guest Supply Canada, Mississauga, ON
Hourly, Full-Time Contract
January 31, 2022
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
At Guest Supply Canada we specialize in distribution to the Hospitality industry. We offer a wide variety of in-room products, such as amenities, textiles, paper products and hotel room accessories. Guest Supply is an industry leader with operations in the US, Canada, Europe and Asia. For further information, please visit www.guestsupply.com .
Sysco, one of Canada's Best Employers 2019, as listed by Forbes, is dedicated to our global corporate social responsibility goals and to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. Join our winning team.
For more information, visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
The Inventory Control Coordinator's job is to assist the Operations Manager to run an efficient and safe warehouse. The Coordinator does this by being responsible for accurate inventory counts for all pick zones and storage locations making inventory adjustments as needed through on-line cycle counts and providing guidance to other associates. The position involves reconciling item balances on a daily basis along with transactional analysis, various levels of transaction processing, shipment discrepancy investigation and resolution.
- Perform cycle counts and enter adjustments to correct inventory counts by warehouse map.
- Investigate, analyze and resolve various requests involving transaction discrepancies as reported and/or requested by DC Operations, Customer Service, Purchasing, Accounts Payable, etc.
- Report all receiving and stocking errors and communicate to appropriate person(s).
- Identify and remove damaged or out of date product.
- Provide guidance to other warehouse associates in the areas of receiving products, selecting products, shipping products and loading products.
- Warehouse Supply Management - monitor usage, process transactions to consume usage of inventory supply items and transfer to replenish DC inventory, if necessary.
- Process various transactions on a daily basis to support the basic business functions including priority sales orders and sample requests.
- Electronic filing of required company records including scanning, checking, naming, archiving documents.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent, with some college or technical school course work
- Minimum of three years of job-related experience, preferably in a Distribution Center (DC), including working knowledge of DC activities including receiving, shipping, cycle counting and all activities relating to inventory
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient use of MS Windows and Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook).
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft ERP and High Jump a plus.
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco's Values: Integrity | Excellence | Teamwork | Inclusiveness | Responsibility
Sysco's Vision is to be our customers' most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here's a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts âÂ€¢ Short-Term and Long-Term Disability âÂ€¢ Life Insurance âÂ€¢ Company Pension Plan âÂ€¢ Group RRSP âÂ€¢ Employee and Family Assistance âÂ€¢ Stock Purchase Plan âÂ€¢ Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University âÂ€¢ Sysco product discounts âÂ€¢ Preferred vendor discounts âÂ€¢ Free on-site parking âÂ€¢ Employee appreciation events âÂ€¢ (*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)