Inventory Control Clerk
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly.
Reporting to the Inventory Control Manager, this position is responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the inventory, completing scheduled cycle counting, and contributing to the overall improvement of Shrink.
Monday – Friday, 6:00am – 2:30pm except when providing vacation coverage.
- Ensure accurate daily cycle counts are accomplished to the required schedule
- Verify inventory reconciliation, shortages, overages, storage issues, customer credits
- Investigate significant inventory discrepancies using problem solving skills
- Processing warehouse damages, repack, and vendor credits and returns
- Update and work with Sysco Warehouse Management System (SWMS)
- Work with receivers/selectors to ensure products are received and stored accurately
- Work with supervisors to research and correct all inventory variances and discrepancies
- Vacation coverage for the Quality Assurance & Driver Check-In roles
- Other duties as required
- Good performance, attendance and safety record.
- Willingness to work flexible hours as required for vacation coverage
- Comfortable using MS Excel, Outlook, and Word. Experience in IBM AS400, SWMS, and SAP Business Objects would be considered an asset.
- Able to work in a multi temperature environment
- Ability to perform the following physical activities: sitting, standing, repetitive motions, walking, reaching, crouching and lifting up to 40kg
- High Lift, Fork lift & Pallet Truck license preferred
- Must be comfortable working at various heights
Core Qualities for all Associates:
- Sysco’s Leadership Framework Basics
- Integrity & Accountability Flexibility & Adaptability Proactive Learning
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco’s Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco’s Vision is to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here’s a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
- Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Company Pension Plan
- Group RRSP
- Employee and Family Assistance
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University
- Sysco product discounts
- Preferred vendor discounts
- Free on-site parking
- Employee appreciation events
(*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)