Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a fifty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
Sysco, one of Canada’s Best Employers 2019, as listed by Forbes, is dedicated to our global corporate social responsibility goals and to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. Join our winning team.
For more information, visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
Inside sales, is responsible for Assisting and Participating in key produce sales & margin growth opportunities within Sysco East OPCO’s/Sites and assigned multi-unit Food Service accounts on behalf of FreshPoint- Toronto. This role is responsible for assisting in managing the day-to-day customer Sales interface needs and ensuring effective communication between external customer and internal operations to provide superior customer service, strong customer partnership relationships and accelerated business growth.
- Work directly with Sites key Category Analyst, Merchandising, Operations, Produce Specialists and all Sales (MA’s, Multi Units and Healthcare) leads to identify Sales growth opportunities and to provide targeted Sales tools, education, training and product programs to drive growth at each Sysco House.
- Work with Sites to facilitate Sales needs deliverables for identified and agreed to customer opportunities, new product development and recommendations for strategic pricing.
- Assist with providing analysis of competitive landscape, market pricing to protect / maintain existing business and to provide recommendations for new business pursuit.
- Assist with providing product portfolio recommendations with respect to product lineup simplification, profitability enhancement opportunities.
- Assist in development of standard Sales report needs and ongoing business review analysis for opportunity identification.
- Assist with creating and providing Sales communication tools to include standardized Product information catalogue, website implementation, Promotional Program POS, Monthly targeted items, Category Selling stories and market trend information.
- Act as primary FreshPoint liaison for all Sysco Sales meetings, FreshPoint Customer Plant tours and trade show functions.
- Participate in the facilitation of all food shows, open houses, and events for Sysco’s in our region as required.
- Communicate and assist with Logistics in the delivery and/or pickup of OPCO/Site orders.
- Communicate market conditions or other conditions affecting the availability, condition or price of products weekly or daily as necessary.
- Participate in leveraging Freshpoint corporate marketing resources to introduce and manage social media platforms.
- Communicate / proactively interact with customers addressing concerns or questions.
- Liaise with internal departments relating to issues regarding transportation, purchasing, etc.
- Represent FreshPoint in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- Read, understand, and comply with all Company policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Education required: Post-secondary and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Other education/Certification/Training preferred: Computer savvy for Sales tools development, marketing experience.
- Work experience required: Minimum of two (2) years of inside sales experience.
- Job related experience required: Produce knowledge preferred or food industry experience.
- Equipment use: Computer, Printer, Telephone, Photocopier/scanner
- Software: Microsoft Office, Outlook, Adobe Pro, Microsoft Publisher, Internet, AS400, ADP WFN
- Other: Fluent in English – proven ability to work and communicate effectively (written and oral)
- Work Environment – Office setting.
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now. External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
- Sysco’s Values: Integrity | Excellence | Teamwork | Inclusiveness | Responsibility
- Sysco’s Vision is to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here’s a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy: Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts • Short-Term and Long-Term Disability • Life Insurance • Company Pension Plan • Group RRSP • Employee and Family Assistance • Stock Purchase Plan • Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University • Sysco product discounts • Preferred vendor discounts • Free on-site parking • Employee appreciation events • (*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)