Inbound Warehouse Supervisor
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
For more information, visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
The Inbound Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for effectively managing a team of the Operations department so as to meet/exceed established corporate goals and service levels.
- Provide leadership and ensure compliance with company safety, sanitation and loss prevention programs
- Monitor the physical conditions and handling practices to ensure all products are stored and shipped within the specified temperature requirements and in peak condition.
- Responsible for compliance with all Policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) comprising Sysco's Food Safety Program, specific for the assigned role.
- Effectively schedule warehouse personnel to achieve productivity objectives.
- Provide coaching and training to all associates to ensure productivity and customer service standards are met.
- Review payroll hours for all direct reports on a weekly basis to ensure pay accuracy.
- Conduct performance management, discipline and termination of all direct reports as applicable.
- Work closely with Inventory Control personnel to identify inventory problems, and reinforce work methods related to managing accurate inventory levels within warehouse.
- Daily/weekly observations and inspections as directed to ensure high level of safety compliance by all associates.
- All other tasks as assigned by Director of Operations.
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience in a warehouse/production capacity
- Completion of a related post-secondary certificate or diploma is preferred
- Thorough knowledge of industry practices, government legislation, and labor standards
- Safety Focused - high level of awareness of safety in the workplace
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Leadership and well developed problem solving/analytical skills
- Professionalism and time management skills are a must.
- Responsible and accountable for appropriately managing confidential information
- PC skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Superior ability to build relationships and affect positive change
- AS400/SWMS/Business Objects knowledge would be an asset.
Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco's Leadership Framework Basics
- Integrity & Accountability
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Proactive Learning
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco's Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco's Vision is to be our customers' most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here's a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:(*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)
- Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Company Pension Plan
- Group RRSP
- Employee and Family Assistance
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University
- Sysco product discounts
- Preferred vendor discounts
- Free on-site parking
- Employee appreciation events