Human Resources Manager - Sysco Guest Supply Canada
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly.
The purpose of this job is to provide effective Human Resource services to support the attraction, growth, development, retention, and motivation for approximately 50 employees. This position monitors employment and industry legislative/regulatory trends, and provides appropriate consultative advice to associates and management to deliver on company objectives. The HRM also provides general expertise on key HR issues and functions such as Pension, Benefits, Compensation, Diversity, Employment Equity, Employee Relations, Recruiting and other related areas. This role also includes oversite of payroll, is responsible for Health & Safety and Office administration
- As a strategic business partner provide quality advice and guidance to the Management team in all areas of Human Resource Management;
- Oversee all aspects of recruitment, on-boarding, administration, payroll, employee relations, compliance, training, disability management and any area pertaining to employee inquiries;
- Lead role in employee engagement initiatives;
- Act as a change champion, executing successful change strategy at all levels of the organization;
- Coordinate effective communication and ensure compliance with policies and procedures, national initiatives, Sysco programs and mandatory training;
- Support the delivery and successful execution of corporate initiatives;
- Participate in the establishment and management of clear performance goals;
- Manage WCB claims using the Sysco Ability Management Program and providing education to Supervisors / Managers;
- Support to talent management and employee development initiatives;
- Build and maintain strong relationships across all levels of the organization with both internal and external customers.
- University degree/diploma in Human Resources;CHRP designation preferred
- Five+ (5) years progressive HR experience;
- Extensive computer experience using Microsoft Suite; HRIS program (ADP Work Force Now an asset); Social Media; and Internet/cloud web-based programs;
- Ability to deal with confidential information with a high degree of diplomacy;
- Well-developed communication skills both verbal and written;
- Must have a clear understanding of employment law;
- Ability to multi-task and work independently but be team focused;
- Excellent organizational skills, as well as strong attention to detail;
- Flexibility to react quickly in a fast paced environment;
- Solution based thinker;
- High degree of self-awareness, authenticity and integrity.
Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco's Leadership Framework Basics
- Integrity & Accountability
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Proactive Learning
- Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
- External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
- Sysco's Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
- Sysco's Vision is to be our customers' most valued and trusted business partner.
- We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
- Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.