HR Generalist - 6 Month Contract
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
For more information about Sysco Canada please visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
The purpose of this job is to provide consistent employee/labor relations support that fosters positive associate relations to create an environment where individuals and teams can thrive and deliver high performance. The Human Resources Generalist works collaboratively with leadership to execute aligned local, divisional and corporate human resources programs and initiatives successfully within the Opco.
- Responds to associate inquiries as per internal customer service guidelines. According to circumstances, provides guidance and recommendations for problem resolution, redirecting or escalating as appropriate.
- Manages recruitment and selection process, ensuring Sysco Canada's process, policies and all applicable legislation is followed consistently. Works with key stakeholders, using internal and external resources (when applicable) to fulfill workforce staffing plans ensuring completion of required documentation, e.g. hiring authorizations, application forms, offer letters, etc.
- Based on corporate programs, provides advice/guidance to managers regarding compensation plans.
- Conducts (or co-facilitates) new hire orientation to ensure successful onboarding of all new hires. Communicates policies. Follows up to ensure a successful onboarding of every new hire.
- Provides coaching to management regarding reinforcing goals and/or any issues related to employee performance, productivity or behavior based on established policy, practice and/or contract. Reviews documentation and prepares letters of discipline when required, supporting the process to ensure positive outcomes.
- Supports short-term and long-term disability processes as applicable, liaising with benefits carrier when required. Effectively communicates return to work dates and other relevant info to affected managers. Participates in return-to-work meetings.
- May conduct confidential and potentially sensitive internal investigations when required and as directed, using Sysco's established procedures for consistency and compliance.
- Provides data/analytics to leaders relating to Human Resources and other related operational metrics to support business reporting, planning and management.
- As guided by the Human Resources Business Partner, supports annual performance management process (CMP goal setting, coaching, e.g.) and assists with tracking and reporting as required.
- Assists with facilitation and tracking of Sysco's training programs as needed.
- As guided by the Human Resources Business Partner and Safety, supports Sysco's Vision Zero initiatives, including injury prevention and ability management as required.
- Supports internal audit process of associate files to ensure consistent format and compliance with Sysco policy and legislative requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Completion of post-secondary Human Resources Diploma or Degree.
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience as a Human Resources Generalist.
- Knowledge of Federal, Provincial and Local laws and regulations.
- A high degree of flexibility to adapt to multiple and competing priorities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher.
- Bilingual (French & English)
Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco's Leadership Framework Basics
- Integrity & Accountability
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Proactive Learning
- Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
- External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
- Sysco's Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
- Sysco's Vision is to be our customers' most valued and trusted business partner.
- We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Here's a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts âÂ€¢ Short-Term and Long-Term Disability âÂ€¢ Life Insurance âÂ€¢ Company Pension Plan âÂ€¢ Group RRSP âÂ€¢ Employee and Family Assistance âÂ€¢ Stock Purchase Plan âÂ€¢ Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University âÂ€¢ Sysco product discounts âÂ€¢ Preferred vendor discounts (Apple, GM, Ford, Chrysler, Volvo, etc.) âÂ€¢ Free on-site parking âÂ€¢ Employee appreciation events âÂ€¢ (*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)