Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
For more information, visit www.sysco.caOpens a New Window. or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careersOpens a New Window.
This role’s primary responsibility is to lead the Healthcare Sales Team in the Region in an effort to drive sustainable sales growth and profitability. Work with the Healthcare team in order to contribute to operational efficiency by identifying growth opportunities with new and existing customers. Building and maintaining effective relations with Key Healthcare Accounts and Key Healthcare Associations is critical to creating and maintaining a strong presence in the Healthcare market. This individual will be working closely with Sysco Canada Healthcare team to support Sales, Chain development and Marketing and Systems initiatives.
- Lead and manage the Healthcare Sales team in regards to performance, priorities, development and attaining sales goals/targets.
- Main liaison/contact person for CMU Healthcare HO’s and Sysco National Healthcare Team
- Responsible for communicating and presenting healthcare promotions, ideas, objectives to members of our entire Healthcare Team
- Promotes and organizes CBRs and assists team in reaching our region’s goals
- Manages entire Healthcare Territory for CMU; territories are not limited to healthcare and may contain other CMU accounts
- Assign accounts to AEs as required
- Manages a specific geographic territory of healthcare accounts/CMU accounts
- Visits all accounts on a regular basis and presents new products, menus, and ideas to customers
- Reviews and promote items in Foodie, and Nourish newsletter
- Key contact for healthcare related industry events and associates along with organizing healthcare shows, product showings, food shows, training days
- Reviews new items for listing along with reviewing all contracts and pricing programs to ensure pretax targets are being met
- Promotes Sysco brand items and new listed products
- Develops flyers and sell sheets for new Sysco Brand and regular products
- Addresses and resolve customer issues
- Ensures pickups and credits are processed and completed in a timely manner
- Addresses and ensure outstanding AR is up to date
- Liaises between customers and manufacturers for customer samplings
- Ensures quarterly plans for Chains and bi-annual and annual objectives set out in the annual review and ensure financial targets for sales, margins and other variables are met
- Maintains and understands customer master distribution agreements and ensures all service obligations in the agreement are fulfilled
- Oversee and complete proposals, tenders and healthcare contracts for existing and new business opportunities
- Identifies training requirements for team as well as customers with respect to Sysco related systems
- Other duties as assigned
- Grade 12 Diploma required and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a sales/marketing role in the food service industry is an asset.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and well-developed communication skills, both verbal and written
- Exceptional customer service and relationship management skills
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Computer proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco’s Leadership Framework Basics
Integrity & Accountability
Flexibility & Adaptability
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careersOpens a New Window.
Sysco’s Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco’s Vision is to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here’s a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
- Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Company Pension Plan
- Group RRSP
- Employee and Family Assistance
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University
- Sysco product discounts
- Preferred vendor discounts (Apple, GM, Ford, Chrysler, Volvo, etc.)
- Free on-site parking
- Employee appreciation events
- (*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)