Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
Sysco, one of Canada’s Best Employers 2019, as listed by Forbes, is dedicated to our global corporate social responsibility goals and to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. Join our winning team.
For more information, visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
En Gros Pierre, division of Sysco Canada, is looking for a FSQA Technician to complete its FSQA Team. The candidate would join a Team of 3 and endeavor to implement and monitor Food Safety & Quality Assurance (FSQA) support/evaluation programs, inspection/audit procedures to ensure compliance of products and processes to corporate and regulatory requirements.
- Monitoring of FSQA programs (HACCP, SSOP, Pest Control, GMPs, Approved Supplier Program, Foreign Material Control, Plant Sanitation, Chemical Control, Product QA, Customer Complaints, Food Defense and Security, Raw Material Auditing, SQF).
- Assist in Employee Training of FSQA Programs, Policies and Procedures.
- Assist in Implementation of Independent FSQA Audit Program – SQF Audits.
- Provide assistance when necessary for product evaluations, plant visits, and supplier/customer communication to assist other staff members.
- Assist as needed in any manner capable of during emergency situations the plant President or GM determines are paramount to the business.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- One to 3 years meat and/or seafood industry (as appropriate) experience at a federal CFIA/FDA meat and/or seafood processing plant (as appropriate)
- Be bilingual (French and English)
- Good computer literacy (able to adapt to new systems, able to work with Microsoft Office).
- Able to demonstrate confidence, enthusiasm and team work mentality.
- Able and willing to work in a cold environment
- Able and willing to work physically (lifting)
Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco’s Leadership Framework Basics
Integrity & Accountability
Flexibility & Adaptability
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco’s Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco’s Vision is to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here’s a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts • Short-Term and Long-Term Disability • Life Insurance • Employee and Family Assistance • Stock Purchase Plan • Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University • Sysco product discounts • Preferred vendor discounts • Free on-site parking • Employee appreciation events