Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly.
This is a position responsible for maintaining and repairing Sysco fleet equipment to ensure availability and reduce breakdowns.
- Performs general mechanical repairs to Sysco vehicles and reefer units including trouble shooting electromechanical problems and identifying their solution in an effort to correct malfunctions and reduce further breakdowns.
- Follows PM schedules on all equipment.
- Completes repair of vehicles in accordance with Ministry of Transport and other applicable regulations.
- Maintains accurate records of each PM or repair performed on Sysco vehicles using CMMS (computerized maintenance management software (Sprocket).
- Maintains shop area by keeping tools and equipment picked up; cleaning up liquid spills; sweeping floor; dumping trash, and performing other related duties.
- Conduct reefer repairs and maintenance, and develop best maintenance and operating practices.
- Order and maintain inventory of parts
- Assist in management of Sysco's preventive maintenance process and inventory management safety DOT compliance.
- Ensure proper scheduling of truck reefer maintenance and repairs in compliance with company programs. This may include inspection of vehicles, non-scheduled maintenance and trouble shooting and repair.
- Record keeping and reporting of job/work orders, PM schedules, invoices, recap reports and vehicle files.
- Ensure required maintenance files are in compliance with all federal and provincial government legislations including ozone depletion inventories and release reporting
- Ensure safety and regulatory requirements, compliances and standards are met and maintained.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certificates, license, registrations in transportation refrigeration or equivalent trade certificate
- Knowledge of basic electromechanical and refrigeration systems
- Class 1 license
- Certified Motor Vehicle Inspector for tractor/trailer.
Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco's Leadership Framework Basics
- Integrity & Accountability
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Proactive Learning
- Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
- External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
- Sysco's Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
- Sysco's Vision is to be our customers' most valued and trusted business partner.
- We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
- Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.