Fleet and Facility Maintenance Manager
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
For more information, visit www.sysco.com or connect with Sysco on Facebook at www.facebook.com/SyscoCorporation or Twitter at www.twitter.com/Sysco_Corp
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
- The Facility Manager is responsible for ensuring the building, building systems, warehouse equipment, and exterior grounds are maintained at an extremely high level of reliability, availability and safe operating condition.
- Provide leadership, guidance, coaching and succession planning to team members.
- Ensure proper and cost effective maintenance, repair and utilization of trailers and equipment. Ensure proper scheduling of truck maintenance and repairs.
- Ensure vehicle maintenance files are complete and in compliance with all government legislations.
- Manage vehicle wash program, along with daily fleet operations and tools/parts inventory.
- Ensure proper licensing of fleet vehicles and annual vehicle/ trailer inspections.
- Ensure all maintenance facility operating licenses are maintained and renewed as required.
- Perform preventative maintenance inspections on equipment as scheduled.
- Maintain the material handling equipment inventory of electro-motive batteries, including voltage readings, specific gravity readings and corrosion prevention measures.
- Manage the service and repair the material handling equipment in a timely manner to reduce down time.
- Ensure the refrigeration plant, heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems are maintained.
- Organize custodial/janitorial services, including but not limited to regular and deep cleaning of the office and warehouse space(s), waste removal, recycling, snow removal and landscape maintenance.
- Manage facility security systems and automated building functions.
- Operate and log the fire protection equipment as required.
- Operate and log the chemical water treatment for the plant's cooling tower.
- Assist in regularly scheduled racking inspections.
- Attend the Occupational Health and Safety Committee meetings as the maintenance representative.
- Perform general maintenance duties on the facilities' physical components as required or instructed.
- Ensures regulatory and policy compliance related to: employment standards, human rights, food safety, environmental, as well as occupational health and safety.
- Other duties as required.
- Completion of post-secondary education in Business Admin, Project Management, or related field.
- A minimum of five (5+) years' experience in a facilities or fleet maintenance/management role.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Ability to communicate with all levels within the Sysco organization in a professional manner.
- Assets include: Refrigeration, Transportation of Dangerous Goods, Environmental Health and Safety and First Aid certifications.
- Strong leadership skills and previous experience supervising a team.
Core Qualities for all Associates:
- Sysco's Leadership Framework Basics
- Integrity & Accountability
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Proactive Learning
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now. External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco's Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco's Vision is to be our customers' most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here's a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
- Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Company Pension Plan
- Group RRSP
- Employee and Family Assistance
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University
- Sysco product discounts
- Preferred vendor discounts (Apple, GM, Ford, Chrysler, Volvo, etc.)
- Free on-site parking
- Employee appreciation events
- (*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)