Facilities Maintenance Technician (Afternoons)
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
Sysco, one of Canada’s Best Employers 2019, as listed by Forbes, is dedicated to our global corporate social responsibility goals and to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. Join our winning team.
For more information about Sysco Canada please visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
Reporting to the Facility Maintenance Manager, the Refrigeration Operator/Facilities Maintenance Technician is responsible for ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the refrigeration system, equipment and facilities. This position is a temporary full time position.
- Ensure safe operation of an ammonia refrigeration system.
- Conduct regular facility inspections.
- Troubleshoot and performs repairs on overhead doors, ramps, and wrappers as needed.
- Completes minor building renovations equipment moves as required including but not limited to painting, ceiling tiles, flooring, carpentry and configuration of work stations and offices.
- Ensure preventative maintenance is performed on all related equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Facility Maintenance Manager.
- Perform preventative maintenance and repairs on forklifts.
- Grounds maintenance such cutting grass and clearing snow as required.
- Understand and comply with all Sysco policies and procedures, e.g. health and safety.
- Carry out duties in a safe manner as instructed through safety training.
- Participate in various meetings/groups (shift, departmental, company and safety).
- Class B refrigeration operator certification is required.
- Minimum 1 year work experience in a refrigeration operator role.
- Crown forklift PM training is an asset.
- Experience with facilities maintenance is an asset (internally and externally).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suites & Internet.
- Ability to perform the following physical activities: sitting, standing, repetitive motions, walking, reaching, crouching and lifting.
- Reliable and safety conscious with a teamwork attitude
Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco’s Leadership Framework Basics
Integrity & Accountability
Flexibility & Adaptability
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco’s Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco’s Vision is to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Here’s a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts • Short-Term and Long-Term Disability • Life Insurance • Company Pension Plan • Group RRSP • Employee and Family Assistance • Stock Purchase Plan • Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University • Sysco product discounts • Preferred vendor discounts (Apple, GM, Ford, Chrysler, Volvo, etc.) • Free on-site parking • Employee appreciation events •
(*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)