Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
For more information, visit www.sysco.caOpens a New Window. or follow u s @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada;
twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers Opens a New Window.
This is a delivery helper position responsible for delivering and unloading various products to Sysco customers. This requires using excellent customer service skills, and working in accordance Sysco Work Methods. Overtime hours, working weekends and holidays, and starting at various early morning start times may be required in order to successfully meet customers’ needs.
• Assisting the delivery of product within assigned route schedule and time windows.
• Unload product from trailer, by hand or using hand cart, and place in designated customer storage areas. May include transporting product down ramps, stairs, or docks, in all weather conditions.
• Frequently lift, push, or move product that weighs up to 45 kgs; frequently reach up to 2 meters to stack and unstack pallets and hand cart; constantly bend and twist while loading and unloading product, and retrieving items from trailer.
• Operate assigned Sysco Transportation System (STS) delivery system
• Follow Sysco work methods at all times, and immediately advise supervisor of any unsafe conditions.
• Adhere to all food safety standard operating procedures.
• Maintain and safely operate all assigned equipment, including but not limited to hand cart, pallets, load bars, STS unit, and personal protective equipment.
• Attend all required company meetings.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• Meet or exceed minimum productivity levels and established cases per error goals established by the Company.
• Able to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and to the safety regulations
• Must have basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide).
• Must pass pre-employment testing (Background Check, Physical Abilities Test)
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Pallet breakdown and hand cart delivery experience
• Previous experience at Sysco or in foodservice industry
: Sysco’s Leadership Framework Basics
Integrity & Accountability
Flexibility & Adaptability
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careersOpens a New Window.
Sysco’s Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco’s Vision is to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here's a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
- Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Company Pension Plan
- Group RRSP
- Employee and Family Assistance
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University
- Sysco product discounts
- Preferred vendor discounts (Apple, GM, Ford, Chrysler, Volvo, etc.)
- Free on-site parking
- Employee appreciation events
- (*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)