Driver / Delivery Associate - Nanaimo
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
For more information, visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
This is a permanent Full-Time position based in Nanaimo. Drivers are responsible for the timely and accurate delivery of products to our customers as well as for reporting any vehicle maintenance issues, keeping accurate and up to date log books and load sheets, and the responsible handling of checks. This position is approximately 40 hours/week (10 hour shifts) with fluctuations during slow and peak periods.
- Performing necessary pre and post trip inspections on a variety of equipment.
- Reporting any vehicle maintenance issues.
- Keeping an accurate and up to date log book.
- Delivering product within assigned route schedule and time windows. Immediately inform management of any deviations.
- Unload product from trailer, by hand or using hand cart, and place in designated customer storage areas. May include transporting product down ramps, stairs, or docks, in all weather conditions.
- Operating assigned STS unit to generate invoices. Verify delivery of items with customer and obtain proper signatures. Contact management for authorization when discrepancies on invoice and communicate all errors/returns.
- Following Sysco Safe preferred work methods at all times, and immediately advise supervisor of any unsafe conditions.
- Maintaining sanitary conditions in tractor and trailer and assist with maintaining the warehouse and yard when needed.
- Attending all required company meetings.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Class 1 with a clean drivers abstract;
- Must be detail oriented and well organized with good communication skills;
- Ability to set goals and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work in all weather conditions;
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco's Leadership Framework Basics
- Integrity & Accountability
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Proactive Learning
- Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
- External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
- Sysco's Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
- Sysco's Vision is to be our customers' most valued and trusted business partner.
- We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
- Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here's a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
- Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Company Pension Plan
- Group RRSP and Employee and Family Assistance and Stock Purchase Plan
- Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University
- Sysco product discounts
- Preferred vendor discounts
- Free on-site parking
- Employee appreciation events (*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)