Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
Sysco lives at the heart of food and service. We are passionately committed to the success of every customer, supplier partner, community, and associate. We know at the core of achieving this vision is understanding and meeting the needs of our customer. As a result, everything we do begins and ends with our customers.
For more information, visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
To Apply for the District Sales Manager position, please go to: www.qhire.net/syscoadp
The key to our success has always been the power of our people. We're not the best because we're the biggest; we're the biggest because we're the best - and being the best requires being with the best. That's where you come in!
- Are you looking for purpose and value-driven work?
- Do you want to thrive in a work environment that provides you with the tools and resources to make a difference for your team, customers, and community?
- Are you comfortable using numbers and data to provide insight and grow a business?
- Do you enjoy coaching, motivating, and developing a team and supporting others in finding solutions?
The District Sales Manager will work closely with the VP of Local Sales and oversee a team of Outside Sales Representatives. You will be responsible to coach, train, mentor and maximize performance to meet profit goals and act as a liaison with other departments that impact sales territory growth and team performance.
- Work closely with VP of Sales and Outside Sales Reps, providing support via hands on coaching and direction, enabling them to better maximize their performance and achieve/ surpass sales and profit goals, customer penetration and retention.
- Monitor and measure Sales results.
- Provide feedback, tools, and resources to team to find solutions within territories.
- Continually coach direct reports to grow as high performing business partners to customers; encourage a better understanding of various aspects of the business and how to take effective courses of action that lead to appropriate solutions and positive consequences.
- Participate in formation of Marketing promotions, including food shows and vendor promotions.
- Works closely with Business Resources & Marketing team, ensuring that commitments to the Sales team are delivered
- Builds and maintains customer loyalty and retention, develops relationships with key accounts in region.
- Ensures that proper credit practices are being maintained by the sales force and develops good communication between the sales force and the credit department.
- Demonstrate commitment to continuous learning to optimize performance and career growth
- University or college degree/diploma
- Proven Sales management and leadership capability
- Valid driver's license
- Business and financial acumen
- Experience in recruiting, onboarding, coaching, and developing a team
- Strong communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Solution oriented with strong problem solving ability
- Proficiency with Sales technology platforms, Office programs
- Ability to pass pre-employment testing (Reference Checks, Criminal Record Search)
- Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco's Leadership Framework Basics
- Integrity & Accountability Flexibility & Adaptability Proactive Learning
Sysco's Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.Sysco's Vision is to be our customers' most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here's a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
- Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Company Pension Plan
- Group RRSP
- Employee and Family Assistance
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University
- Sysco product discounts
- Preferred vendor discounts
- Free on-site parking
- Employee appreciation events
- (*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)