District Sales Manager - Windsor and Area
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
For more information, visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
To Apply for the District Sales Manager position, please go to: www.qhire.net/syscoadp
The District Sales Manager is responsible for meeting assigned district objectives; manages the sales effort in assigned district; provides management and leadership of designated district sales force and performs other related duties as required.
- Provide MA's with tools required for their success in managing their territory.
- Coordinate and organize monthly district meetings.
- Prepare and provide weekly reports to MA's, Regional Sales Manager and the VP of Street Sales.
- Prepare budgets for Street Sales district, set up special pricing on bids, and authorize Sysco expenditures on product samples and donations.
- Organize and authorize off day deliveries.
- Prepare PSP's for customer rebates.
- Perform cold calls and prospecting and travel with MA's to key customer accounts.
- Ensure district Business Review obligations are met each quarter.
- Approve invoice adjustments as required.
- Assist and attend Business Reviews and traveling Food Shows for the district.
- Obtain contract pricing for customers and resolve customer complaints and issues as required.
- Manage and be actively involved with the coaching, mentoring, career development, training, and performance management of MA's.
- Ensure positive relations exist and is maintained between District and other Sysco departments.
- Be actively involved in interviewing and hiring new Marketing Associates.
- Degree or Diploma in Business Administration with a focus in Sales required.
- Negotiation skills training and presentation skills training preferred.
- 5 years' experience in a Sales or Marketing role required.
- Previous experience as a Sysco MA, an asset.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and strong business acumen.
- Ability to use sound judgment when making decisions and ability to problem solve.
- Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco's Leadership Framework Basics
- Integrity & Accountability Flexibility & Adaptability Proactive Learning
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco's Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco's Vision is to be our customers' most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here's a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
- Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Company Pension Plan
- Group RRSP
- Employee and Family Assistance
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University
- Sysco product discounts
- Preferred vendor discounts
- Free on-site parking
- Employee appreciation events
- (*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)