Delivery Associate - Victoria
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
For more information about Sysco Canada please visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
This is a Full-Time Permanent position. This role will be responsible for the timely and accurate delivery of products to our customers as well as for reporting any vehicle maintenance issues, keeping accurate and up to date log books and load sheets, and the responsible handling of checks. This position is approximately 30-40 hours/week (10 hour shifts) with fluctuations during slow and peak periods. Sysco recognizes previous experience as a Delivery Driver to determine the salary paid to a driver when hired.
- Performing necessary pre and post trip inspections on a variety of equipment.
- Reporting any vehicle maintenance issues.
- Keeping an accurate and up to date log book.
- Deliver product within assigned route schedule and time windows. Immediately inform management of any deviations.
- Unload product from trailer, by hand or using hand cart, and place in designated customer storage areas. May include transporting product down ramps, stairs, or docks, in all weather conditions.
- Operate assigned STS unit to generate invoices. Verify delivery of items with customer and obtain proper. signatures. Contact management for authorization when discrepancies on invoice and communicate all errors/returns.
- Follow Sysco Safe preferred work methods at all times, and immediately advise supervisor of any unsafe conditions.
- Maintain sanitary conditions in tractor and trailer and assist with maintaining the warehouse and yard when needed.
- Attend all required company meetings.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Class 1 with a clean drivers abstract;
- Ability to lift up to 90 lbs, with a push/pull of up to 300 lbs.
- Must be detail oriented and well organized with good communication skills;
- Ability to set goals and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work in all weather conditions;
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment.
Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco's Leadership Framework Basics
Integrity & Accountability
Flexibility & Adaptability
External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco's Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco's Vision is to be our customers' most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.