Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly.
The purpose of the Driver is to provide timely and accurate delivery of products to our valued customers. The Driver is required to work in outside weather conditions year round.
- Delivering customer orders as per established routes and schedules; maintaining a daily trip log.
- Creating a positive customer experience; delivering “good things from Sysco” at all times.
- Adhering to all Sysco Work Methods and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Understanding, upholding & complying with Sysco’s policies/procedures, e.g. health and safety, transportation of dangerous goods, credits/returns, etc.
- Carrying out duties in a safe manner as instructed through safety training.
- Participating in various meetings/groups (shift, departmental, company and safety).
- Performing other duties as assigned by Transportation Managers and/or Supervisors.
- Class 1 Driver’s License with Air Brake Endorsement. Clean Driver’s Abstract and CPIC.
- English fluency.
- Availability for day or night shifts which could include weekends and/or Statutory Holidays.
- Customer-focused, reliable and safety conscious with a teamwork attitude.
- Medium and high level of physical exertion is required; repetitive lifting to 40 kg.
Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco’s Leadership Framework Basics
Integrity & Accountability
Flexibility & Adaptability
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco’s Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco’s Vision is to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here’s a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts • Short-Term and Long-Term Disability • Life Insurance • Company Pension Plan • Group RRSP • Employee and Family Assistance • Stock Purchase Plan • Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University • Sysco product discounts • Preferred vendor discounts (Apple, GM, Ford, Chrysler, Volvo, etc.) • Free on-site parking • Employee appreciation events •
(*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)