Company Overview Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
Sysco, one of Canada's Best Employers 2019, as listed by Forbes, is dedicated to our global corporate social responsibility goals and to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. Join our winning team.
For more information, visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
- Counts all computer and warehouse outs, and warehouse, and computer part fills.
- Counts all pre-designated high dollar items, prepares research and reports these counts. Notifies proper personnel of problems that may occur when adjusting these items.
- Researches receiving packets returned to Inventory Control from Accounts Payable. Prepares and reports to Inventory Manager any errors that may have occurred.
- Reviews and adjusts all damage reports given to Inventory Control by Operations and compares those reports with actual damage in warehouse.
- Prints and counts any items to be counted; prepares and reviews any adjustments. Completes a minimum of four (4) cyclical counts per year.
- Researches and corrects possible shipping problems reported to Inventory Control.
- Process vendor returns.
- Comply with all applicable regulations/laws and company policies, including but not limited to Food Safety Policy, SOP's & regulations, Code of Business Conduct & Ethics, Antitrust policies and regulations, etc.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Strong PC skills: Excel, Word, Power Point and Relational Database concept
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Must have exemplary listening skills to facilitate effective two-way communication.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco's Leadership Framework Basics
- Integrity & Accountability
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Proactive Learning
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now. External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco's Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco's Vision is to be our customers' most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here's a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Company Pension Plan
- Group RRSP
- Employee and Family Assistance
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University
- Sysco product discounts
- Preferred vendor discounts
- Free on-site parking
- Employee appreciation events
- (benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)